Thursday, May 13, 2010

Painkiller Jane: Nothing to Fear But Fear Itself

“A daily ritual – cleansing ourselves. We wash our hair, our bodies, our hands, and our teeth. With all the lotions, soaps, and shampoos – none of it seems to reach below the surface. So, we do our best to cover up whatever we’re trying to hide. But with so much concealed, I often wonder what it would be like when it cracks, and what lies underneath comes rushing out, unable to be contained.”

“A president once said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Andre, one of the strongest men I know, admitted his fear to me. Even Maurine admitted her fear of losing control. I think my greatest weakness is the fear that I’ll be seen as weak. But I have to wonder if the vulnerable aren’t the strong and if those who wear their strength like a shield are the weak and frightened.”


“But I’m the one that heals and recovers quickly, remember?”
“Only on the outside. Get some rest, you’re sitting this one out.”

~Painkiller Jane from the 5/11/07 ‘Nothing to Fear But Fear Itself’ episode.