Saturday, April 23, 2011

Movie Review: Due Date

A+ for dark humor.
A+ for the coffee can.
B for the monkey.
C for over all feeling.

What a refreshing, twisted, comedic story! Yes, the movie is not for everyone. I can see how people wouldn't like it. However, I liked it. Has some flavor of What About Bob? - one of my favorite movies. So this man is trying to make it to the birth of his son - needs to travel from Atlanta to LA with limited time on hand. Ends up needing to pair up with a wacky d00d. They are complete opposites, yet strangely they need each other - they help each other to realize that being different isn't so bad and being perfect is over rated, they can make it through their demons/baggage, and, most importantly, they can forgive and love life.

It was pretty hilarious and touching too in a dark, bizarre way. I could have done without some predictability and my over all feeling made my literal headache worse, but I did enjoy the movie.

I'm not into coffee but that whole thing was f*$&#%( funny!

Gleenobly's rating: 7/10