Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Movie Review: Matchstick Men: Wait, Whoa, Wow!

A+ for plot structure.
A+ for the cast.
A+ for suspense.
A+ for quirky humor.

1, 2, 3 ... pygmies!  Enter Matchstick Men, a funny movie about 2 con men played by 2 of my favorite actors Nicolas Cage and Sam Rockwell.  By one of my favorite directors - Ridley Scott.  Based on the book Matchstick Men by Eric Garcia.  I won't write too much about this movie because nearly anything I say will spoil it and I don't do that.  I will just say that I loved it, hands down.  This is a plot that can be done so wrong -- well, they nailed it.  Tis a symphony orchestra, an intense chess game, a marvelous myriad of conflict, giggles, the ridiculous, and the right flavor of disappointment and happiness.  Kudos!

gleenobly's rating: 10/10