Thursday, August 16, 2012

Don't Sweat It!

I remember hearing a very nice story once.  I don't recall who told it, but here it is:

There was a large family eating dinner at the table.  They had a few guests over, one of them I'll call James.  A little boy, I'll call him Adam, spilled his milk – as you can imagine, it went all over the table and everything.  The dad, Bob, got so upset.  He yelled at Adam, talked down to him, demeaned him.  People were scared and did not know what to do or think.  It was awkward to sit there and eat and watch this unfold.  Then suddenly James stood up.  Stared Bob straight in the eye.  Took his own glass of milk and proceeded to spill it on purpose all over the table.  Then asked Bob if he was gonna yell at him too?  Bob eventually got the hint and I am sure that everything worked out well.

Wow, what a powerful message!  Motto: don't sweat the small stuff!  Don't sweat the big stuff either!  “Don't Worry, Be Happy” as the song goes :).