Friday, December 16, 2011

Mysterious Giving, I Love It!

I have heard in the news and John and Jeff Radio Show about mysterious, anonymous giving and it tickles me pink!  They are not worried about recognition or even a tax deduction receipt.  I do not recall where these happened, but I love the stories and hope to be one of these givers someday.  I get all choked up :).
  • People putting $1000 into random Salvation Army buckets.
  • A guy standing on a busy street corner handing out hundred dollar bills to people walking by.  I think he spent 6 figures!  (He was smart and had a police officer with him).
  • A lady who went into a K-Mart and paid off thousands of dollars of strangers's layaway items that contained toys.
This one's not mysterious, but heartwarming nonetheless.  A small town police station in Texas - the officers went to the local schools and stopped people with stellar driving/car records.  They rewarded them with gift cards for their good behavior.  Nice treat in this day and age where we so often only hear about the bad.

I am certain that there are more stories out there.  These are the ones I can recall without Googling :).