Saturday, May 21, 2011

Movie Review: Next 3 Days

A+ for eerie darkness.
A+ for the cast.
B for the plot.
D for diabolical shiveries.

So what do you do in the face of danger? What do you do when your options are low and good enough isn't good enough? Possible answers exist in this movie about a family whose life takes a turn for the worst when the mother gets charged for murder. I'm loving the level of darkness and suspense. Really makes you question life, the good and bad things that happen to you, and how you handle it.

The movie left me feeling mostly satisfied. Though, still.. felt a little empty. Like still dealing with the aftermath of how to really take in what I just witnessed. All-in-all, it is rare for me to not be able to guess the ending, so that's a plus for the movie makers. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate ending. And I would love to see a sequel. Gain closure and more positivity.

I love the cast. I cannot think of a single Russell Crowe movie that I do not like, except for maybe Beautiful Mind. Elizabeth Banks - not her typical role, she did a great job though. She's one of my favorite actresses. I also enjoyed seeing Liam Neeson & Olivia Wilde and that d00d Michael from Jericho, and the guy from Ultimate Gift.

This movie reminds me of the McStay family (they went missing in California a year or 2 ago). And all the other people who have to go through tough situations such as this in real life. I pray that they can all receive the justice they deserve.

Now go see a comedy after you watch this movie. You'll need it.

Gleenobly's rating: 7/10