Friday, July 20, 2012

Movie Review: Black Death: Ouch!

A+ for the cast.
A for the medieval theme and scenery.
D for the plot.
F for fepression.  I mean depression.  Being too depressing.
F for the ending.

Ohhh look - two movie reviews in a row.  Yay!

Ohhh look - my lowest rating to date - ouch!

I watched Black Death first, then I watched the Repeaters.  My intention was to watch a comedy, however I sucked myself into watching two depressing movies in the same day.  Great job me!  Well, they appeared to have a lot of potential, but fell flat.  Things don't always work out, you know?  At least I am in a good mood anyway.

Black Death was about men who attempt to figure out what is going on with the plague and supposedly catching the culprit.  This remote village was interesting.  Reminded me of medieval Stepford Wives.  This movie is a classic example of how a bad movie can still have one of my favorite actors in it - Sean Bean (Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones).  This is my first time watching Eddie Redmayne in action - great job!

Gleenobly's rating: 2/10