Monday, October 10, 2011

Movie Review: Killer Elite: Obscure

A+ for fight scenes and action.
A+ for period/era correct items and setting (1980).
B for dark, cunning plot.
B for characters.
C for obscurity.

The plot was pretty obscure and a bit hard to follow.  A little intimidating to imagine stuff like that happens in real life.  I don't doubt it and I can totally appreciate that this was based on a non fiction book and a true story.  The dark sides of life that it covers is somewhat scary yet very intriguing.

Jason Statham is one of my favorite actors.  Any movie can be a complete flop but if you put him in it there's still saving grace and I'll definitely watch it just because he's in it.  Not only that but he's hot :).  Clive Owen, Robert De Niro, Dominic Purcell, Aden Young, Yvonne Strahovski (chick from Chuck.  Yes she really is Australian, schweet accent) - very nice cast.

Aside from the underdogs saving the day type of scenario, I really enjoyed that they were true to 1980.  The glasses, the hair, the cars, the big phones, no cells, no computers, people using pen and paper.  My how times have changed.

Gleenobly's rating: 6/10