Monday, October 31, 2011

Movie Review: In Time: Disappointing

A+ for the concept, creativity, originality.
A for the cast.
B for the characters.
C for the one dimensional stuff.
F for the ending.

When I saw the previews for this movie I was beside myself.  I was all over it and so excited.  Definitely down my alley.

When I saw the movie I was disappointed.   I'm one who places a lot of value on the ending.  A movie can be stellar but if the ending does not do justice then forget it, it loses points in my review.  *sticks tongue out*.

I am intrigued by the idea of rich, poor, social issues, perspective, attitudes, heart aches, tough times.  The movie did an okay job at this, but could have done better.  I will not say anything more about it due to my pledge of not giving spoilers.

I still loved the concept that time is the currency.  I loved the cast too.  Justin Timberlake, despite his former card carrying horrid boy band membership, has actually turned out to be pretty cool.  And Cillian Murphy - what an interesting person!  Methinks it is his eyes and chin.  Though I would have liked to seen more out of his character.

Gleenobly's rating: 4/10